First of all, your entire Negotiating Team would like to send a sincere thank you to all of our IFCs who have served or are serving in our Military on this Veteran’s Day.
Your NT has just completed a Contract Ratification Tele-Town Hall. In addition to talks about guaranteeing the work rules that we currently have or highlighting the concessions the company wanted, we also received a lot of new questions about the positive gains achieved in this TA.
Here is a short list of some of the TWU Wins:
- Representation in case of bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, purchase, and/or seniority integrations
- New 35-hour reduced credit window with full PTO/VPTO accrual
- AM/PM Reserve Preferences
- No ASB for Lineholders
- ASB can only be in base
- Furlough/Recall Protections and Benefits
- Accrue seniority and longevity on Recall—better than industry standard
- Grievance Procedures to protect IFCs—no longer “at-will” employees
- IFCs are paid if held out of service during investigations
- Grievance Procedures to hold JetBlue accountable on contractual rules
- Hotel rooms and per diem for in-base layovers
- Domestic and International per diem increases
- Separate PTO/VPTO Banks
- Ability to pick up during vacation
- Up to 68 hours of additional PTO/VPTO
- Additional OOP for Commuter Policy
- Redeye protections
- MINT can pick up in both cabins
- Pay increases from 6.6% to 47%
- Reschedule pay outside OSB of 150%
- Premium Pairing pay at 150%
And of course, our most important win is a legally binding contract that protects us now and will be improved in the future.
To find out more of the TWU wins, view Q and As, or ask your NT questions, please go to b6.twu.org.